Saturday, October 22, 2016

Harry Potter



This week is something a little different.  I went and saw a movie I have seen many, many times.  A movie I am sure most of you have seen yourself.  IMAX played every single Harry Potter movie again for one week only to hype up Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Being a huge Harry Potter fan I had to go see at least one! As much as I would have loved to go see all the movies again in IMAX they choose the worst possible week for me and I could only see one.  I got to see one of my favorites though, The Half Blood Prince.

I know I'm a little strange when it comes to favorites with the Harry Potter movies. Most people seem to enjoy Alfonso Cuarón's movies, The Prisoner of Azkaban and The Goblet of Fire.  Where I find those as the worst movies and I secretly hate Chris Columbus for deciding not to direct them. (I may be a little bias because those are my favorite books and it just hurts my heart that they don't feel like Harry Potter to me). The first two movies are beautiful and wonderful.  They have the same heart and soul as the books.  They are truly magical. I have always felt that the books get dark after The Goblet of Fire. (Spoilers!) Cedric is dead and Voldemort is back. Cuarón decided to suddenly get dark and grittier during Prisoner of Azkaban. I also hate that they started wearing muggle clothes more than their school robes.

David Yates luckily saved the series and I felt he made the last four movies with the right amount of darkness.  One of my favorite things about The Half Blood Prince is that we are not just focusing on Harry we finally get to see a sneak peak at Draco and what he is going through.  Also that scene with Harry is on Felix Felicis is fantastic. I am excited to see what Yates does with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, though a little hesitant that it will be five movies...

What's your favorite Harry Potter movie?

Please enjoy this embarrassing great photo from the midnight premier of Deathly Hallows Pt. 2

4 comments:

  1. I love the Harry Potter movies! I never read the books, so unfortunately I'm just a move watcher with this series. I really like the last three. Overall, I just love that all the movies tell such an interesting and well-thought out story, courtesy of the successful books. They started coming out when we were pretty young, so I recently had to go back and watch them all to make sure I caught everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I was in first grade when the first movie came out. I tend to watch them when I catch them on TV but I was surprised at the small things I completely forgot about when I was watching it last week. It's been too long since I just sat down and watched one from start to finish.

      Delete
  2. That sounds so fun going and seeing the movies again in an IMAX theater! While I do enjoy The Prisoner of Azkaban and The Goblet of Fire, I understand where you're coming from and your feelings on them! I would say my favorite is Order of the Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am beyond excited to see this movie. I absolutely adore Eddie Redamayne !

    ReplyDelete