Saturday, November 19, 2016

Inside Llewyn Davis


INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS follows a week in the life of a young folk singer as he navigates the Greenwich Village folk scene of 1961. Guitar in tow, huddled against the unforgiving New York winter, he is struggling to make it as a musician against seemingly insurmountable obstacles—some of them of his own making.

Something a little different this week, since I haven't had the time to make it to the theater with all my school projects. I have been wanting to see Inside Llewyn Davis since I first saw a trailer for it. Coen Brothers, Justin Timberlake, and ginger cats, what more do you need in a movie? I didn't know who Oscar Issac was at the time, forgive me, I love him now. I got this movie for my birthday this month so I finally got to watch it, three years later! I fell in love. 

Inside Llewyn Davis follows the story of a folk singer, Llewyn Davis played by Oscar Issac, trying to make it on his own after a successful song with a partner.  He crashes on his friends couches, always hopping from apartment to apartment as he looks for his next gig and fix whatever problem he has gotten himself into. The movie is filled with beautiful music and heartbreak.  The acting and singing is absolutely wonderful.

It is a sad movie.  Nothing seems to go right for Llewyn, but it feels natural and not overwhelming. There is still always hope that something good will happen to him. Why do I like sad movies like this?  I loved the tone and the color palette of the movie as well.  I don't think it would have worked if it looked any different. This is probably my new favorite Coen Brother movie. What Coen Brother movies do you guys enjoy? 

This scene, honestly, got ten times funnier after both Oscar Issac and Adam Driver were cast in Star Wars. Now Justin Timberlake just needs to be cast in Episode VIII or IX:
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Really interesting! I didn't even know this existed to be honest! Ill have to check it out! Gotta love JT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess, I mean JT makes every movie great :D Haha!

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! I have also wanted to watch this movie, but never really got around to seeing it. This makes me want to see it even more!
    -Nycole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally worth the watch! I wish it was on Netflix / or some other streaming service so it'd be more accessible to people.

      Delete